Verified:

Sov Game profile

Apr 4th 2024, 0:46:44

I posted this on AT as part of larger group of suggestions but I think the concept itself is worthy of it's own thread for discussion.

One of the biggest aspects of warring is walling, but the problem is not everyone can be online 24/7 to wall. I have been known as one of the harder to kill players in the game, but it is very draining in my older age to go without sleep. In fact it is one of the things I dread about the game.

I believe it would be a positive for the game if a player has an option to select an 8 hour period of the day where their country cannot attack or be attacked. That means any player willing to wall have an 8 hour respite and also any player who does not wake to wall has a fair opportunity to level the playing field against the guys who will wall 24/7. There will always be those players who do not take up the 8 hours.

If that player is attacked during this 8 hour period the attacker would be greeted with a message along the lines of "Your Generals refuse to attack due to bad weather. They advise that the weather will improve in ** hours."

You can change your 8 hour period but any changes will take 24 hours to become active.

A further note, I don't think you should be closed off to landgrabs during this 8 hour period because that would have broader repercussions in terms of retals and landgrabbing etc. But I am certainly open to input from others.