Verified:

Frodo Game profile

Apr 19th 2012, 16:05:28

Hey i am new to this game, what are stored turns? How do they help you? What do they do?

Dibs Ludicrous Game profile

Apr 19th 2012, 16:32:08

http://wiki.earthempires.com/index.php/Turns

oh, stored turns. it's what happens when you're maxed out on regular turns. it throws the extra turns into storage. they stay there until your turns are below max, then come out one at a time just like getting regular turns.
There are no messages in your Inbox.
Elvis has left the building.

Marshal Game profile

Apr 19th 2012, 17:08:42

and stored turns have limit too (same amount as max turns in hand)
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Frodo Game profile

Apr 19th 2012, 17:55:22

Ok good to know. Thanks!

kingofthezulus

Apr 19th 2012, 21:01:31

Check the server details as different servers have different stored turn allowances.

Twain Game profile

Apr 19th 2012, 21:13:00

One suggestion I would have if you want to learn the game faster is to try one of the servers with alliances or clans. The two best servers for that are Alliance (where you play one country and can be on a large team of people who could help you) or Free For All (where you can be on a large team and can play anywhere from 1 to 16 countries). Team server also allows teaming up, but due to the limit of 5 per team, it could be a more cutthroat atmosphere for a new player.

The reason I suggest this is because many of the veteran players are happy to mentor a new player and teach them the best strategies to succeed, as well as the simple machinations behind the game itself.

I play Free For All only and would be happy to work with you there if you wanted to play, but like I said, Alliance is the other place for large teams. If you decide to play in either of those servers, I'd recommend going to their specific forum, introducing yourself and asking who wants a newbie. They'll all jump on you as fresh meat trying to convince you to join their clan, but it will give you plenty of options. I'll refrain from recruiting you here because I think it's tacky to jump on every newbie on General Talk and trying to recruit them, but if you decide to play FFA, I'll be happy to give you suggestions (including my own clan) for alliances/clans to join.

Good luck on learning the game! It's nice to see new blood coming in.

Frodo Game profile

Apr 19th 2012, 21:24:37

I have a couple of more questions. What is RoRing? And what does it mean to "suicide"?

braden Game profile

Apr 19th 2012, 21:46:59

retal on retal

you landgrab me, it is generally accepted that i get to landgrab you back (this is called a retal) with no escalation of hostilities.

when you do landgrab me after i have "retaled" you, you have now RoR'd, or retaled on a retal. you can wait.. on alliance server i think its 48H before you can attack again without it being considered RoR

To suicide is to intentionally ruin somebodys reset by not trying to kill them, but to destroy their production capability, ultimately ruining their "netgaining" reset. leaves the owner with no chance at finishing well, and no point in continuing to play if their only interest is finishing well..

Frodo Game profile

Apr 19th 2012, 22:22:59

What is DR?

kingofthezulus

Apr 19th 2012, 23:10:18

This stands for Diminishing Returns. Basically it means that the more a country is attacked the less land will be acquired. It was designed to keep smaller countries from being repeatedly grabbed. 24 hours after the attack(s) you 'come out of DR'.

Twain Game profile

Apr 20th 2012, 2:41:58

To give an example for DRs:

If I were to spy your country and decide to attack you with Standard Strikes, let's say it goes like this:

1st hit: I get 550 acres from your country.
2nd hit: I get 515 acres from your country. (often a little less, but nothing major)
3rd hit: I get 490 acres from your country. (again, a little less)
4th hit: I get 200 acres from your country (after 3 is a big drop)
5th hit: I get 170 acres from your country
6th hit: I get 90 acres from your country (after 5 is the next big drop typically).
And eventually, even if you still have 10,000 acres after enough hits, I'm only going to be getting 10 acres per hit.

24 hours after all those hits have happened, if no one else has touched you, I could probably grab you again for several hundred acres, because you'd be out of "Diminished Returns"

And as braden said, the retaliation system is not an official rule, but it's one of those "unwritten" rules of this game to allow some level of normalcy and interaction without war breaking out. If I attack braden and he attacks me back, we're square. Different servers handle this differently, but I believe on most servers, it's the 1:1 retal ratio that is considered acceptable. Of course, if someone decides to be a jerk or they don't know the rules because they're new, you might have issues with them agreeing to this, but most players do follow that idea of fair retaliation.

however, as braden said, if I hit him, he hits me back and I decide "Screw that! I wanted that land!" and hit him back again, then I've "RoR"ed and most of the time, this will lead to escalation of the battle between the two of us, and braden might just call in his buddies to try to help him out in messing me up.

You'll find there's a pretty impressive amount of political thought put into making this game somewhat balanced between being a netgaining game (trying to make the biggest possible country) and being a war game (just trying to destroy/kill whoever's in your way).

I know I wasn't the first to answer either of your questions, but you're asking good questions. Keep 'em coming and read the wiki or join an alliance server (Alliance, FFA or Team) as I said and you'll definitely pick up the game quickly.

Frodo Game profile

Apr 20th 2012, 4:47:03

Well i currently am playing in Alliance mode and express mode.

Marshal Game profile

Apr 20th 2012, 17:26:34

at FFA you could test different strats with more than 1 country.

Frodo Game profile

Apr 22nd 2012, 23:43:31

So i have stored turns in one of my countries, but how do i use them?

Twain Game profile

Apr 23rd 2012, 0:48:15

Your stored turns become usable automatically. Basically, next time you get a normal turn, one of your stored will become usable, so you'll get 2 turns for every 20 minutes (or whatever the time period is on other servers, if it's different) until you run out of stored turns.

bstrong86 Game profile

Apr 23rd 2012, 0:58:56

yeah...ffa is good for trying new strats for us new ppl...jus dont make the mistake i did. i created 16 countries after not having played for 7 or so years..and didnt have a tag and they pretty much killed all my countries. make sure u join a clan or make ure own tag and announxe to the forum board..most ppl will recognize it.

The Death Knights

XI

xiaopig

May 14th 2012, 8:23:04

"TERA" PVP, players can bet on the winning or losing!

"TERA" game producer has accepted the interview of the game Italian official forum, in this interview, he revealed a lot about the game PVP content.
Knox said in an interview, "TERA" in the PVP content to meet the players, those who like to solo PVP activities he can participate in a team can also join a large group to try to fit the way the PVP. The duel is also a game part of the foundation, the player can select any other players to duel, you can also duel between the team.
PVP conflict between the squad can occur in large on the battlefield or in the small scale of the battlefield. With the player's level of increase, the chances of players can participate in PVP activities.
In the game, players can also bet on the result of a duel, the bet wins. PVP activities on the battlefield award is to reward players in a group title.
Knox also denied "TERA" is an over-reliance on online games equipment.

Equipment accounted for a major role in the entire game system, which is essential, but the dominant skills and control of the battle of the game, if you are not well adapted to how to better use, he said, skills, then, for example, at the right moment to move, dodge, attack such action, even if you dressed in an epic equipment, it is just a mass of scrap iron.
<br>Sounds so exciting that TERA will release on May,1.Have you prepared enough <b><a title="tera gold" href="http://www.usteragold.com">Tera Gold</a></b> for your character?To farming Tera Gold gaming or searching safe Tera site is boring!Now,we have amount of Tera Gold instock for sale!As the leading TERA Gold supplier,to provide safe and <b><a title="cheap tera gold" href="http://www.cheapteragold.us">cheap Tera Gold</a></b> is our duty!You can set your mind at rest when you buy TERA Gold and <b>Tera Power leveling</b> form there ! COME ON !

Have you got it ?More interesting news about TERA you can visit http://www.terabuygold.com !

Azz Kikr Game profile

Wiki Mod

May 14th 2012, 17:37:09

that doesn't seem like spam at all. no sir.

Cyrus Game profile

May 16th 2012, 22:05:15

looking for advisers. any idea where they went. its kike driving blind
Sir.Cyrus.05

Marshal Game profile

May 17th 2012, 15:32:37

post your question to q & a or strat board or upload avisor to express/primary/tournament help forum.

Twain Game profile

May 17th 2012, 18:10:09

The Status Uploader stuff goes on the other boards, but if you have specific questions to ask, you can probably ask those about anywhere and get a response.