Verified:

trep Game profile

Apr 7th 2012, 2:03:10

Might be the wrong place to ask, but just seeing what everyones' experiences are with doing it. I haven't tried it before, but it does make sense especially as you get past the school stage. Since it's hard to meet random people outside of your circles of friends, might as well try to people elsewhere. Personally I'm extremely busy with my career so I do not really have time to go out to clubs/etc as much as I used to so I'm bored enough to try it now.

trep Game profile

Apr 7th 2012, 2:04:56

Site breakdown from my very limited knowledge-

Major two-
match (more dating based)
eharmony (more relationship/long term?)

Free two-
okcupid (registered but didn't fill out profile until today started browsing around)
plentyoffish

Amusement-
cougarlife (friend goes on here every few weeks and gets tons of hits lol)

Question is which site to try out? One thing is you have to fish to go fishing to catch something, but might as well start out in the pond with better fish =P Cost isn't a major factor as at this point it's not that much money, but I'm rather not waste money.

trep Game profile

Apr 7th 2012, 2:08:54

Oh I guess I should put some info to base the above as it might be dependent on that. Just got done filling out profiles lol so guess let's do it here.

age - 27
ethnicity - asian american
education - bs
income - 100k+
looking for - open for anything

blid

EE Patron

Apr 7th 2012, 3:06:31

i dont know if you can meet cool people in a club anyway at age 25+, so meeting people online makes sense. id use okcupid, it's free and i wouldn't trust anyone who'd pay for a dating site.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

trep Game profile

Apr 7th 2012, 3:10:45

eh I still meet a lot of people at the club, just too lazy to drive out to hollywood or vegas much anymore as I moved a little further away from it =P

braden Game profile

Apr 8th 2012, 23:46:46

are you asking me out..?

Oceana Game profile

Apr 9th 2012, 11:08:51

think your missing info in your profile like your sex....lol

though i guess open for anything it might not matter to some, but would for most

McPimp Game profile

Apr 9th 2012, 13:52:09

I actually worked for eHarmony for a little over a year.

A couple tips i know from that time is that, it REALLY depends on the area you live. For example, i live in an area with rather small towns so it'd be tough for me to meet anyone using it; but for areas like NY for example there can be a lot of people on the site looking to meet new people.

Before using the site, determine yourself what you are looking for. Are you just looking for hook ups or a serious relationship? For hook ups i'd suggest one of the free ones like okcupid or possibly match (you will find a mix of people looking for hookups and people looking an actual relationship) but for just relationship i'd suggest eHarmony.

Also, if you are looking for a relationship and did decide to choose eH, i wouldn't subscribe right away. It's a bit more expensive than any of the other sites and you don't browse for matches yourself. So get your account created and your profile set up. Also, this gives time for them to do the daily search for matches so you can build up some to start with. If any of these matches do close you out during this time you can contact eH by phone or email and get a request emailed to them asking if they want to reopen the match. Also, they normally send out deals for cheaper membership costs after a few weeks on the site with no subscription, so keep an eye on your email.

if you have any other questions regarding eH i could probably answer them, i don't work there anymore (stopped working for them a little over a year ago) but just ask them and i'll let ya know if i could or not.

trep Game profile

Apr 11th 2012, 6:11:42

male, greater los angeles area. okcupid doesnt seem to have that great of a selection. i signed up for match and was already kindda going with your eharmony methodolgy...checking out profiles and theres like a couple messages and winks at me now, but im letting them build up before i decide to actually pay and respond to them or send messages out.

tbh im not really looking THAT much on a serious relationship as it takes a lot more time and dedication and its something i don't have too much time for. like i was dating a girl in college a few months back and it was horrible because she was so naggy. this was not really by personality but because she had so much free time. i wouldn't mind a long term serious relationship, but it really depends on compatibility and requires the other person to be a little more mature and understanding. i.e. i think i was texting some girl that i briefly talked to and i wasn't responding immediately and she went nuts on me with like 30 texts in a row saying i didnt care or i didnt believe her. i mean if she just got in a car accident or something serious i might be inclined to respond right away, but i had pressing things that i was working on so i thought they could wait until after work when i had some more free time

then again my experience so far (at least for asian girls)-
~ <24 - just looking mostly to play
~ >25 - starting to look for something serious
~ >28 - start getting desperate and more disgruntled

and braden, no. not unless u renounce alexis bidel

braden Game profile

Apr 11th 2012, 11:31:00

*bledel

and, um.. tempting offer, considering it's all about the TSwift these days, but I'd never forgive myself :(

perhaps in another life :(

Hneftafl Game profile

Apr 24th 2012, 5:11:14

hey you forgot craigslist
If at first you don't succeed, reverse the polarity.

legion Game profile

Apr 24th 2012, 14:48:22

fail@title
Nobody puts baby in a corner

exlorlokidog Game profile

May 7th 2012, 1:25:09

?