Verified:

trainboy Game profile

Sep 15th 2010, 19:30:07

seriously on a roll now for suggustions this is my laest fav but interesting

If you could sell spies on public market it would be interesting. i dont know how well it would work but i guess most have as many tanks as spies most of the time.

means you dont need a few indies benefiting your own strat. especially those based on percentage of land. techer/mbr and casher??

as production is essentially the same as tanks i ghuess they would sell at a similar price
great for gainers who need a few more if they got crap spal
great for those who war at short notice

great for jumping off public as an additional unit means more choice for best nw per $$

dont know if another unit would benefit a commie. More choice means in theory less units of each type to buy which means potential more chance of higher prices based on supply and demand. But most respond to any one unit being too high and producing more of that keeping it about constant dependant on when in set and how many playing it

Detmer Game profile

Sep 15th 2010, 19:32:55

nono.. then they are just another commodity. They are unique right now.

NukEvil Game profile

Sep 15th 2010, 19:36:45

LIKE ZE MIZZILEZ!!!
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Detmer Game profile

Sep 15th 2010, 19:37:35

At least missiles are produced randomly. I like how spies necessitate indies on your country if you want them.

trainboy Game profile

Sep 15th 2010, 19:37:58

unique but we all have them. They arent that unique but im not dismissing your comment all feedback is helpful

dantzig Game profile

Sep 15th 2010, 19:39:54

Check out my idea for a "black market" here: http://forums.earthempires.com/...missiles-to-public-market

I think it could be fun but it would be a major change to the game.
FoG

trainboy Game profile

Sep 15th 2010, 19:42:10

i like it but the problem with an additional market is its more exposed to extremes high or low buyouts etc

and with the few players we have it takes away needed volume on existing markets

watch a feed midset in primary tourney or team its so deadly quiet a second market with a private market would kill those servers off almost

Detmer Game profile

Sep 15th 2010, 19:42:53

I agree that putting missiles back on public would be cool since they are only produced randomly.

dantzig Game profile

Sep 15th 2010, 19:49:41

Good points. I was just looking for a way to balance out the effect of certain players having access to the black market. Maybe disallowing them from GDI membership is enough?

Or how about a boost to max SDI % for GDI members? For lore purposes, GDI could give its members the plans for a more effective SDI system.
FoG

Ozzite Game profile

Sep 15th 2010, 20:16:20

I like added SDI for GDI members!!
Ah, mercury. Sweetest of the transition metals.

Detmer Game profile

Sep 15th 2010, 21:27:04

Originally posted by Ozzite:
I like added SDI for GDI members!!

Same

deepcode Game profile

Sep 16th 2010, 0:33:58

I'd love to be able to buy spies and missiles on the public market.

lincoln

Sep 16th 2010, 0:39:48

if you could buy spies
then 40% of the time they would have to be double agents
for the country that made them

now that would be fun
FoG

W Game profile

Sep 16th 2010, 18:19:34

spy clan ftw ;)

part of spies is that they take a lot of resources to produce and maintain.

selling them on the market makes it easy for anyone to be a powerful spy country, say a casher who has no expenses and low spies much of the set, to just buy a super high SPAL when war comes around.

as it is now, you have to work, and pay for, over time to get a good spal up, not just something any country can purchase.
[9:22pm] xHx: on a fluff ton of tech
[9:22pm] xHx was kicked from the chat room by Hellcat. (Badwords Detected!)
[9:22pm] Within[SnG]: what?? fluff this
[9:22pm] You were kicked from the chat room by Hellcat. (Badwords Detected!)

Ozzite Game profile

Sep 16th 2010, 18:29:18

Originally posted by W:
spy clan ftw ;)

selling them on the market makes it easy for anyone to be a powerful spy country, say a casher who has no expenses and low spies much of the set, to just buy a super high SPAL when war comes around.

as it is now, you have to work, and pay for, over time to get a good spal up, not just something any country can purchase.

Yes, but is there any good reason why this is the case for like only this unit and missiles and nothing else in the game?

Detmer Game profile

Sep 16th 2010, 18:33:48

Originally posted by Ozzite:
Originally posted by W:
spy clan ftw ;)

Yes, but is there any good reason why this is the case for like only this unit and missiles and nothing else in the game?

There is a good reason - it is different. Small differences like that add underlying complexity to a simple game.

W Game profile

Sep 16th 2010, 18:40:21

no better reason than it's a skill or choice to run a spy country, not just something you can switch too when it's convenient.

there should be parts of the game that are like this. guess i can't really explain it too eloquently, but it adds an interesting aspect to the game to have units that can only be produced, not bought or sold.

EDIT: what detmer said
[9:22pm] xHx: on a fluff ton of tech
[9:22pm] xHx was kicked from the chat room by Hellcat. (Badwords Detected!)
[9:22pm] Within[SnG]: what?? fluff this
[9:22pm] You were kicked from the chat room by Hellcat. (Badwords Detected!)

Ozzite Game profile

Sep 16th 2010, 18:43:24

no that is a fine reason...variety is an okay explanation hehe

POOP

is just

boob

upside down

OH NOES

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 17th 2010, 0:52:56

Putting spies on the market is a bad idea for the same reason that putting missiles are.

Dragonlance Game profile

Sep 17th 2010, 5:27:52

that i would buy like 5 million of them with my cash at the end of the set and go to town on the top 10?

Ozzite Game profile

Sep 17th 2010, 8:34:01

Originally posted by Dragonlance:
that i would buy like 5 million of them with my cash at the end of the set and go to town on the top 10?

Not if they bought more than you did :-P

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 17th 2010, 15:09:21

spies seem like something you shouldn't be able to buy/sell on the market.

And yea I think it would be abusable
Finally did the signature thing.

Ivan Game profile

Sep 17th 2010, 18:31:56

terrible idea, just like missiles