Verified:

trainboy Game profile

Sep 15th 2010, 19:02:31

i suggust re tweaking how we work sdi.
by increasing the maximum percentage you can have.
e.g,
max Sdi up to 125/150%

I feel it is something that will benefit the entire game and this is how

FS are now slightly less powerful along with missiles which are still easy to generate.

Netters are slightly more protected from suiciders which ruin the sprit and point of the game. Which is easier done now that both casher and techer work well with a theo goverment

Sdi tech isnt affected in production or sales due to the amount required being constant. Some will want max some will want a decent amount. So rather than 50% as a normal gov for the same price you would get 65% say.
or keep it at the same levels where an extra 200m say will get you to the new threshold

Thanks
Now discuss please...

Ozzite Game profile

Sep 15th 2010, 19:05:27

I think this would be a really good change. If you make it so that the theo max is around 90-95%, and then other govts can get over 100%.

I wouldn't be completely averse to increasing the amount of tech that a missile destroys, or changing the tech constant so that it actually *will* cost more to get above 100% or whatever.

I think overall this would be a great change, especially for theos who are just open for missile suiciders..

Ozzite Stamp of Approval
Ah, mercury. Sweetest of the transition metals.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 15th 2010, 19:06:07

wait what does >100% SDI protection mean? does it rebound back on the enemy?
Finally did the signature thing.

Ozzite Game profile

Sep 15th 2010, 19:11:17

LOL, that would be awesome.

No it just means that you can eat a certain number of missiles before there is ANY chance of a break...

trainboy Game profile

Sep 15th 2010, 19:23:54

yeh ozzite is right that makes it too strong unless you think its right
but imagine i bounce to you who bounces it back who bounces it back...

Detmer Game profile

Sep 15th 2010, 19:32:18

I do like the idea of having the cap at 100% if not 105%.

dantzig Game profile

Sep 15th 2010, 20:27:41

How does the current formula for reducing SDI tech work? Does it consider the size of both countries and/or the damage that the missile would have done if it made it through? Is DR a factor?

I'd support raising max SDI to over 100% and allowing missiles to take out a greater amount of SDI tech as long as there were some controls. A small country should not be able to significantly lower the SDI of a large country with a lot of SDI tech. A country with tons of missiles should also not be able to quickly obliterate another country's SDI so some sort of DR should factor in. Tech is also worth a lot of money/NW. How much damage the missile would have done vs how much SDI is being lost should be balanced so that stopping a missile is always less of a loss than it getting through.
FoG

synoder Game profile

Sep 16th 2010, 0:40:45

How can you have more than 100% chance of destroying missles? Or am I misunderstanding how SDI works? I thought that the % was the probability of destroying an incoming missle. So if that is the case then are you just wanting it to be higher so that once you are hit it doesn't lower below 100%? If that is the case then once your tech is maxed out at 100% any additional tech would not raise your % but would help it to stay at 100% longer when attacked.

Detmer Game profile

Sep 16th 2010, 0:46:10

Originally posted by synoder:
How can you have more than 100% chance of destroying missles? Or am I misunderstanding how SDI works? I thought that the % was the probability of destroying an incoming missle. So if that is the case then are you just wanting it to be higher so that once you are hit it doesn't lower below 100%? If that is the case then once your tech is maxed out at 100% any additional tech would not raise your % but would help it to stay at 100% longer when attacked.

The purpose of going above 100% would be that even though you can only have a 100% maximum probability of destroying an incoming missile that as missiles lower your SDI you can still have a 100% chance of stopping them...

trainboy Game profile

Sep 16th 2010, 8:58:55

Yeh it essentially gives more protection. So like u say 100% is max but with say 120% you stop say 10 missiles before you get to 100% then more ta kes u down as per normal

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 16th 2010, 14:56:58

what if instead of that we made a missile destroy say.... up to 1k SDI tech, rather than 1% (which i think it is now, though i'd have to verify that)

Ozzite Game profile

Sep 16th 2010, 15:53:33

that might be an interesting change as well, but it doesn't address my two hopes for the change:

-Possibility of blocking all missiles for all non-theo (well, unless you get hit with a bunch)
-Higher than 55% SDI for theos :-P

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 16th 2010, 15:57:53

you could block all with the 1k thing as long as you had saaay 100k extra tech above 99% then you'd be pretty much good to go.... 'course I'm referring to demos here of course

trainboy Game profile

Sep 16th 2010, 16:32:40

Maybe theo should get a gov bonus 20% extra missile protection and then 1k rather than percent works but how do u guys math it. Does the tech disappear?

Ozzite Game profile

Sep 16th 2010, 17:47:03

Originally posted by qzjul:
you could block all with the 1k thing as long as you had saaay 100k extra tech above 99% then you'd be pretty much good to go.... 'course I'm referring to demos here of course

The 1k thing only works, but it is only in addition to raising the overall cap or giving GDI bonus or something. Also, I think it is reasonable that the EM takes off a % of tech. It doesn't necessarily lower you SDI % even now. If I have 100k points over the max, and only 200k points, then if an EM removes 1% of my tech I still only lose 2k, and thus I am still 198k over max.

Originally posted by trainboy:
Maybe theo should get a gov bonus 20% extra missile protection and then 1k rather than percent works but how do u guys math it. Does the tech disappear?

Good anti-suicider idea!

W Game profile

Sep 16th 2010, 18:14:08

I don't think SDI should ever go above 99% there should always be a chance of a missile getting through, even if it's 1/100.
[9:22pm] xHx: on a fluff ton of tech
[9:22pm] xHx was kicked from the chat room by Hellcat. (Badwords Detected!)
[9:22pm] Within[SnG]: what?? fluff this
[9:22pm] You were kicked from the chat room by Hellcat. (Badwords Detected!)

Ozzite Game profile

Sep 16th 2010, 18:30:16

Honestly, I don't really care so much about whether it is 99%/100%/125%...It just sucks that the max SDI for theos is so low, and that is based on the overall max. So for me, the first step was just to increase the overall max.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 16th 2010, 19:59:07

mmm for a 10kA demo, 320k points should be 98%, so a hard rounded 99 should be quite high... probably 500k points or so

Ozzite Game profile

Sep 16th 2010, 20:06:05

thats fine...but the same amount on a theo is like 54% :(

Ivan Game profile

Sep 17th 2010, 18:32:40

another terrible idea