Verified:

W Game profile

Aug 23rd 2010, 17:58:03

please? i get really bored waiting for turns. perhaps the game could check before each turn spent exploring what the current acres of the country are before calculating the acres gained that turn. that way, no benefit to exploring in batches because the rate will be dropping as usual. this accompanied with maybe an increase in the explore rates to compensate for server land lost due to lack of batch exploring.

would reduce waiting around time (hey whatever happened to more turns at the start of the games hehe :) as you could just play your turns when you want without having to save for days.

thoughts?
[9:22pm] xHx: on a fluff ton of tech
[9:22pm] xHx was kicked from the chat room by Hellcat. (Badwords Detected!)
[9:22pm] Within[SnG]: what?? fluff this
[9:22pm] You were kicked from the chat room by Hellcat. (Badwords Detected!)

trainboy Game profile

Aug 23rd 2010, 18:05:33

no when you explore is part of strategies, and vary from server to server.

if you go early you can grab a bit or if you wwait your not grabbed and theres so much more to it

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 24th 2010, 17:26:54

i think it's an interesting element that adds strategy.... :)
Finally did the signature thing.

W Game profile

Aug 24th 2010, 19:35:37

k, just thought i'd put it out there, guess i just need to play moar servers or something to not get bored hehe
[9:22pm] xHx: on a fluff ton of tech
[9:22pm] xHx was kicked from the chat room by Hellcat. (Badwords Detected!)
[9:22pm] Within[SnG]: what?? fluff this
[9:22pm] You were kicked from the chat room by Hellcat. (Badwords Detected!)

llaar Game profile

Aug 24th 2010, 20:49:11

i want to know when the more turns at start will start as well... would help speed things up

when to explore has been a strategy for a long time in what land goals to reach for different strategies

though i agree it is kinda boring waiting for turns to batch on.. but i do play all servers but express, so that keeps me busy enough ;)

NOW3P Game profile

Aug 25th 2010, 0:23:03

I don't think doing away with it all together is wise at all - but it might be nice to see grabbing take on a bit more incentive. It seems as of late, a good all-x runner can easily keep with folks right up until about 8k acres with no problem

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 25th 2010, 18:37:28

but NOW3P that's because targets are lousy =/ if there were lots of untags it would be harder
Finally did the signature thing.

NOW3P Game profile

Aug 25th 2010, 19:50:18

Even then, the two are pretty close. I've seen all-x'ers beat some fairly epic grabbers to 7k acres on a regular basis.

I agree that targets are lousy, but that seems to be an even better reason to keep all-x in place to me.