Verified:

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Dec 5th 2023, 22:14:42

I will post the bugs first and my suggestions in a separate post so I can keep the bug list compiled on the original thread for tracking and resolution. These have also been sent to qz. There is no ETA on any fixes nor can I say if/when they will happen. So far I have only confirmed two but testing a couple others (defense account payout and declare victory function at 5x TNW)

1 - Upon declaration of war, the 2nd party has no "accept" button. Only "Surrender and "Offer Peace" is available.

2 - War appears commence after a 24-hour waiting period. Changeset 22 posted on 10/16/23 states,

"-> the "Defending Clan" will have 48 hours to Accept War or Surrender (after which it is auto-Accepted)"

This is not posted on the Clan/Clan Admin page at all to determine which was correct or intended. Under the table "Clan Wars for your clan:", time of declaration is listed but there is no indication when war will begin if the 2nd party does not surrender or offer peace before that time. Table only states "impending".

12/6/23 UPDATE:

3 - The declare victory due to 5x TNW does not appear to be working at all. There is no button or indication this is available at all once this threshold is reached.

4 - Confirmed Gerdler bug below. Acceptance of peace offer does not work. It just resends the offer back and forth to each clan admin and does end hostilities.

5 - Countries cannot leave tag in first 10 days after the tag has joined clanGDI but the tag admin can remove them at any time. The clan admin can also remove themselves

More coming later

Edited By: Primeval on Dec 7th 2023, 2:50:12
See Original Post

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Dec 5th 2023, 22:14:47

Suggestions:

1 - Once ultimatum/declaration has happened, all countries in both tags should be locked into the tag until complete resolution of the war. This would prevent circumventing the surrender payout of the defence account and leave the options as the changeset intended: battle, surrender, offer peace, declare victory due to 5x TNW. This also impacts the payout amount since a portion of the spoils listed in changeset 22 is listed as "50% of max FA amounts (including on-market goods) are transferred from each Surrendering-Clan country, pooled, and split amongst the Surrendered-To-Clan countries" upon potential surrender. The flip side of this was addressed in the original changeset to prevent countries/clans from declaring war on a tag a 2nd time, but did not address countries abandoning the tag after war declaration.
Considerations: A - Tag admin cannot delete clan tag. B - consider restarts being locked in as well similar to Team server. C - consider both detags and clan admin removing members from clan admin

2 - Clearly list the war timer on the clan page for war start time if surrender/accept/offer peace is not used. Personally, I think it should be at least 48 hours.

3 - Clearly list both the defence account balance and the total cost to surrender (include 50% max FA amount) on the clan page as this will help clan leaders make the determination of surrender/offer peace

4 - Place all clan war actions through clan news on tag admins. Repeat the current information status on each clan admin page
Considerations: A - war has been declared, you have ## hours to respond before war commences B - clan X has made a peace offer/surrendered/accepted war C - Clan X has surrendered your clan has gained a total of $# in spoils from our victory

5 - Includes spoils of war payouts given to each country in that country's news. Example: Our country has gained $# in spoils from our clan's victory over Clan X

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Dec 5th 2023, 22:47:56

Not sure if this is known already but the surrender button is bugged.

1. When the war is impending and you press it the result is a message:
"something wen wrong"

2. When the war is ongoing the surrender button seems to bug you out the game, but the war changes from ongoing to resolved.

The accept peace button doesn't seem to be working either, it just pushes the query to the other side back and forth, but doesn't end hostilities in any way shape or form.

Dec 6th 2023, 2:43:46

Might need to close some loop holes.

1. More then one clan can declare on another clan. Could prevent a clan from creating a sub clan to tie up the war feature.

2. Once tagged you cannot untag. Also you have x amount of days to tag. Could prevent clans from creating new tags to re-declare war and prevent clans from having their members detag.

3. Clangdi needs to be fixed. Members who leave a clan gditag should not be able to join or create one for 48 hrs. I think it was 48 hrs in the original post when turning off and on.

Chewi Game profile

Dec 6th 2023, 16:26:20

Tag "A" and "B" can have a resolved war then all countries from tag "A" can move to tag "C" then re-declare war on tag "B".

The defense account and the FA on surrender do not work.

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Dec 6th 2023, 18:33:02

Originally posted by Chewi:
Tag "A" and "B" can have a resolved war then all countries from tag "A" can move to tag "C" then re-declare war on tag "B".

The original changeset indicates a <20% max threshold on participants from a previous war to address this. I have not yet tested it myself.

"Clans may not declare war on a clan they have previously declared war upon. (Or that >= 20% of their members have been at war with via Clan Wars to avoid weird re-tag loopholes)"

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 6th 2023, 18:47:23

Make a new server with this crap, bring back 1a to what it was before clanGDI you're making drastic changes that are complex and it's not even been tested, that's why it's full of bugs, what happened to checking and testing mods before implementing them?

Edited By: KoHeartsGPA on Dec 6th 2023, 18:51:30
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Chewi Game profile

Dec 7th 2023, 23:22:21

Originally posted by Primeval:
Originally posted by Chewi:

The original changeset indicates a <20% max threshold on participants from a previous war to address this. I have not yet tested it myself.

"Clans may not declare war on a clan they have previously declared war upon. (Or that >= 20% of their members have been at war with via Clan Wars to avoid weird re-tag loopholes)"

Tested it myself and I am able to change tags to start another war with the same countries. Also for some reason the war dec was 72 hours.

Mr Gainsboro Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 9th 2023, 16:59:00

Lock both defending and attacking countries in the tags and autojoin on creation.
Defending from not just leaving.
Attacking from not abusing the FA with just creating a new tag and getting more FA.
Don of LaF