Verified:

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 6th 2010, 6:55:09

Top 10 time again,
Last reset, I complained we didn't have a clear #1, that no one wnated it.

I guess that was enough to bring Helmet out of retirement, and to give the troops some Helmetnip.

SOF looked like Helmet's SOF.
Give credit to Ivan Aponic and company, for their amazing turnaround job.

1. SOF. No one is even sniffing SOF's class, right now, its not even close.

2. SOL. SOL can smash anyone but #1, and can't net as well as #1. Sorry netting alliances, but right now SOL dictates whether or not you net. SO they get #2.

And now we have a mess. No one wants to be #3. I'm going to rank then but understand I veiew this next group as somewhat interchangable.

#3. Evolution- back to back ave net and TNW wins. You need more members to really grab hold of this.

#4. Omega- back to back runnerups, and a proven strong top to bottom warring group. Again, more members!

#5. LCN- you should be #3. I'm an LCN homer, always will be. I admit this, but LCN needs a strong top to bottom showing, either warring or netting. Not 1/2 an allaince showing, but a top notch top to bottom performance. Which is what LCN is historically known for.

6. NA- You guys maybe too low. I can see you anywhere here from 3-6. But, it was a rough reset, as would a reset be for anyone facing SOF....show me this is too low.:) You have good netting ability, numbers, and well I think you should be higher, but how much and where?

7. LAF- rough 2 resets. Lost members to RD, several rough wars ina row. Still the top netters with Evo. Again, 3-7 is part of a group that's kinda equal's just dpending on momentum, you easily could be 3rd next reset.

ANother drop off happens here.

8. PDM- I think you guys maybe fixing to join the above tier. Not quite as high a quality of netters as most. Not quite as a tough group top to bottom fighters as others. But growing, and a proven strong person in Detmer is not to be underestimated. PDM is moving up, and getting closer to cracking the next tier.

9. Rage- Also growing, getting stronger. I will say the 9th best alliance is stronger than the 9th best alliance last reset.

10. Collab- 30 membersish, above average gaining, decent fighters. Really quite interhcnagable with Rage/PDM.

Now, a case can be made, for ICN after the merger, RD after some decent netting, Imag who has had a decent year, and Monsters, who are on an upswing right now and had a very good netting performance.

But each of those 4, are either new again to the game, going through a merger, or have a defenciency in warring/gaining. While all 4 alliances have been under 30 members for some time, which is a recipe for merging into another group/folding, as the last few resets have demonstrated.

Time for comments/thoughts/smart ass remarks. Fire away!

Z is #1

M m i x X Game profile

Dec 6th 2010, 7:31:08

SOL is ranked too high!
-=(M m i x X)=-

Thomas Game profile

Dec 6th 2010, 8:17:28

Are you fluffing with me right quick?

hanlong Game profile

Dec 6th 2010, 8:24:03

LCN should be 11th
Don Hanlong
Don of La Famiglia

Sifos Game profile

Dec 6th 2010, 9:40:50

This top 10 is crap, I mean, it has no 11'th place, how can LCN be 11'th when there is no 11'th place on your top 10?
Imaginary Numbers
If you're important enough to contact me, you will know how to contact me.
Self appointed emperor of the Order of Bunnies.
The only way to be certain your allies will not betray you is to kill them all!

spawn Game profile

Dec 6th 2010, 10:20:32

PDM and Rage above Collab?? lmao
/slap iZarcon

All your deleted countries are belong to me!

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 6th 2010, 10:29:21

iMag won't merge or fold.. we've had time in our history where only 4 members tagged up for a few sets in a row, and that was in the mid 2k's.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

SMz Game profile

Dec 6th 2010, 14:53:01

Collab is ranked too high!

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 6th 2010, 15:57:38

Hold on folks, no need to get wound up, if anything prove it wrong.

Notice I said 8,9 and 10 were interchangeable.

I never said Imag would fold...I said the pattern is, alliances under 20-25 members were the ones in danger of folding/merging, which is a fairly accurate historical statement with few exceptions.

Feel free to comment more!

Z is #1

Chevs

Dec 6th 2010, 16:13:27

yeah collab is too low.
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

smikke Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 6th 2010, 17:16:52

Collab is closer to the group currently above them than the group they're in.

LCN should be top of their group simply because if they would probably beat Evo/Omega in a war and come close for TNW during a netting set.

SOL has a track record as a leading alliance - SoF has one set.. at the very least, that warrants a tie.

smikke Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 6th 2010, 17:17:14

Similar comments for LaF as for LCN

BobbyATA Game profile

Dec 6th 2010, 17:21:52

The top two are close to each other IMO until they prove otherwise by warring each other (and potentially one side dominating). Altho SOF should get the nod now as they have because they do have better netting ability.

EVO is the clear number three actually. There is a lot of space between SOF/SOL and EVO, but there is actually a lot of space between EVO and the next closest competitor. EVO has three straight ANW wins, the last one in dominant fashion. Also 30 members, is sadly no longer small, it is quite average sized.

Omega at 4th I'm fine with and I agree it becomes a bit of a mess after that. I'm not sure what netting skill you are referring to with NA so I'd rank them much lower. I'd rank RAGE/Collab much higher.

Sadly (I say b/c it is the best alliance of all time) a rank of 7th for LaF is quite appropriate. I'd probably put RD up there and take PDM out of top 10 but that is a minor point.

Junky Game profile

Dec 6th 2010, 21:37:19

SOL was busy warring, netting is for the weak :-P
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

ponderer Game profile

Dec 7th 2010, 0:42:05

Monsters belong on that list, maybe even as high as 7th.

Think you have LaF underrated - I don't think any of the second tier alliances can maintain activity fighting SOL 1 on 1 two sets in a row.

Think you have NA overrated, but I've only been around for a couple of sets, and maybe they'll prove me wrong after two weak sets.

m0m0rific

AxAlar Game profile

Dec 7th 2010, 1:43:13

lol @ Thomas' reaction.
-AxA
Mercenary for Hire
AIM: I The Brandon
MSN:

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 7th 2010, 1:56:06

Yeah the general consensus I'm getting is that maybe Collab should be where NA is, and NA should be in the Paradigm,Rage group...

except they are larger and I factored that into things.

Contrary to what insecure people say,
Size does matter!
Z is #1

madjsp Game profile

Dec 7th 2010, 1:56:31

oh Thomas.
-jonathan

joe3: bater sucks so bad imag could teach him a thing about war

table Game profile

Dec 7th 2010, 11:42:10

nice ranking. I like it - i only need to read until #1 sof

Helmet Game profile

Dec 8th 2010, 0:05:51

Table: I wish you'd keep playing. :( Just go all explore!

I think this round is going to be really exciting. Lots of people came back recently or late last round and we have increased the Helmetnip dosages. I even got on icq, which I hadn't been on since 2003 or so to bring back some of my buddies.

cypress Game profile

Dec 8th 2010, 0:10:24

Yeah, play a lazy all explore table! :P

Servant Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 8th 2010, 1:36:11

Come to Monsters play all explore:)
Z is #1

Ivan Game profile

Dec 8th 2010, 2:03:50

monsters should just be a division in sof! :P

Jofel Game profile

Dec 8th 2010, 13:22:39

*almost chokes on lunch*

Lol@Ivan... I doubt that is ever going to happen... :)

We do not have the same style of gameplay... we are totally peaceful and you guys are a warring alliance... :)

Nonetheless, there have been Monsters in SoF and SoF'ers in The Monsters... spread the love so to speak... :)
Join The Monsters in their struggle for peace, love and understanding:
http://www.boxcarhosting.net

Helmet Game profile

Dec 8th 2010, 14:19:27

We just like to give noogies. It's a loving gesture!

ViLSE Game profile

Dec 8th 2010, 15:23:47

Heh well when DBD was bored of netgaining we went and played in SoF for a few resets. Its good fun but not really a good netgaining environment in the long run. :)

Last time I was there it was full of fun people though.