Verified:

dixiechick Game profile

Dec 22nd 2010, 10:13:38

hypothetical question. All of alliance agreed to do a set all Xing and no grabbing. would the dyanamics of this game even work?

I just say that because I have always been curious of how things would be without someone grabbing each each other and building from within ( yeah we see clans that boost their members at end of set to gain biggest n/w)..

The crazy idea came to me when i read the post about the newbie self deleting after he came to play this game and got farmed . back when I first started playing this game i recruited a couple of cousins to play. they decided to try primary first. pffft. got farmed to death and never played again. lol

but I see that is in "survival of the fittest" when the rest of us continue to play day after day.

Link Game profile

Dec 22nd 2010, 12:47:43

lol... that will never happen :(

might be fun if it did tho... especially since i never grab on this server anyways
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

ZIP Game profile

Dec 22nd 2010, 13:45:49

an all x- server
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Helmet Game profile

Dec 22nd 2010, 13:52:51

Yeah, that would never happen. That's why I laugh at the posts suggesting that everyone change. If there is an opportunity to get ahead someone is going to take it to think otherwise is just ignorant.

You can't control the players, you can only control their options. Unless they start in game punishment for land farming. IE You landgrab an untagged x amount of times you lose x amount of turns, which would be silly.

I still say the best way to improve the game is to lower damage from land grabbing and maybe lower the rewards too. The game needs to change if it's such a problem, because the players won't.

I'm still not convinced there is a problem though.

Helmet Game profile

Dec 22nd 2010, 13:53:12

Originally posted by ZIP:
an all x- server

I like that idea.

ZIP Game profile

Dec 22nd 2010, 16:09:18

yeah, then the netters can get off and build them all tall as they want, playing with the market and fluff like that
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Mr Midnight

Dec 22nd 2010, 17:34:32

hell, why not just sell land on the market then

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Dec 22nd 2010, 18:46:59

all ex server post on B&S.:P
long ago I played tourney that way and did very well.
@helmet that is what DR attempts to address. ultimately the issue is player count imo.
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Link Game profile

Dec 22nd 2010, 19:15:53

i dont think grabs are hurting the game all that much...

i think the war clans bullying the netting clans into wars they dont want is a tad problematic..

tho i personally really enjoy war, even tho i live in a netting clan lol, would seem the consensus is the netters wanna be left alone lol.

grabs dont bother me too much really
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

Thomas Game profile

Dec 22nd 2010, 20:18:02

All ex would never happen.

There would be no Commie Indies because if there were no attacks, no need for military.

What military did get caught would come from the private market at the end of the set.

Techers would suck as well.

Farmers and Cashers would be all that would be worthwhile.

Helmet Game profile

Dec 22nd 2010, 20:50:31

Originally posted by Thomas:
All ex would never happen.

There would be no Commie Indies because if there were no attacks, no need for military.

What military did get caught would come from the private market at the end of the set.

Techers would suck as well.

Farmers and Cashers would be all that would be worthwhile.

Nobody said there wouldn't be special attacks.

Marshal Game profile

Dec 22nd 2010, 21:01:22

even if we could do special attacks need for military would be so low that commiy wouldn't work, most techs at sale would be busi, resi, agri and mil and bit warf maybe.

rep cashers and demo/fasc farmers would be most played strats.

it would be quite boring set and easily ruined by 1 jerk who goes on grabbing spree on basically no defense countries.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Helmet Game profile

Dec 22nd 2010, 21:08:38

I agree that the public market would suck, but it could be corrected by increased pm sell prices.

The more I think about it though, it does sound sucky.

Nobody could do grabbing spree because their would be no ss or ps option. :P

gwagers Game profile

Dec 23rd 2010, 2:24:21

If there was no grabbing, there would be a VERY reduced opportunity for conflict between alliances, meaning that there would be practically no wars. At which point whatever is left of the military market would go out the window.

I am assuming, mind you, that we're discussing the notion of an all-x server in which SS and PS are not options in the war room. If not, refer to Marshal's last sentence.
Peloponnese (PEHL-oh-puh-NEES): a mythical land of cheesecake

"We cannot enter into alliance with neighboring princes until we are acquainted with their designs..."--Sun Tzu

Who has time for that? BLAST THEM ALL!

Helmet Game profile

Dec 23rd 2010, 2:32:58

alliance server would stay - he was saying add an all explore server, or at least that how I took it.

gwagers Game profile

Dec 23rd 2010, 3:00:45

That's how I took it, also.
Peloponnese (PEHL-oh-puh-NEES): a mythical land of cheesecake

"We cannot enter into alliance with neighboring princes until we are acquainted with their designs..."--Sun Tzu

Who has time for that? BLAST THEM ALL!

dixiechick Game profile

Dec 23rd 2010, 3:40:32

Actually I was only asking hypothecially if the game dyanmics would work because i thought it might not even work. and I would never want to play on a server that was all X all the time. i was thinking more of a set where all agreed just to see how everyone did and who could all net each other under those conditions.

Thanks for all the responces. they were interesting. i do agree with a line from Martian's post.

" ultimately the issue is player count imo."

That is the issue imo too as to why we have issues with grabbing complaints. There is a lot to be gained in ghost acres and grabbing atm. however, the issue is dwindling number of players. If things are to improve we need to all help recruit and train new members as they arrive.