Verified:

NukEvil Game profile

Nov 25th 2010, 3:21:24

WARNING: LONG READ (but you love it)

"Analyst
New Member Mar 29th 12:44 PM
At the end of the reset it's time to look at one of the bloodiest and most disputed wars in recent Earth history, the IX/Omega war. What happened, why did it happen, how did the involved alliances do and what does it mean for the coming resets? I'll try to tackle all questions one after the other.

WHAT HAPPENED?
==============

I will keep the recap as brief as possible, since it will be boring for most people. Still, for those who didn't follow the conflict closely, here is the summary:

IX declares war and FS Omega
Omega declares war on IX
MD declares war and FS IX
IX switches target to MD
PoW declares war and FS Omega
Ragnarok declares war and FS PoW
SEAWOLF declares war and FS Ragnarok
Fallen Angels declare war and FS MD
CWG declare war and FS Fallen Angels
ICN declare war and FS CWG
CWG switches target to ICN
SoF declare war and FS Fallen Angels
Quebec declare war and FS MD
SoF switch target to Quebec
Quebec surrenders and disbands
SEAWOLF back off from Ragnarok
SEAWOLF declares war and FS MD
PoW back off from Omega and FS Ragnarok
ICN and CWG declare peace

This configuration lasted till end of reset.

WHY DID IT HAPPEN?
==================

Omega was a natural target for IX for these reasons: Omega was of the right size for IX: Big enough to be seen as a fair opponent, but unprepared and netgaining-configured enough to be decisively killable after a firststrike. Almost all of Omega's defensive allies had FDPs with IX too and should be unable to help. To isolate Omega even more, IX signed a UNAP with MD right before their firststrike, but eventually MD helped their traditional ally nevertheless. Omega is still regarded as a "name" alliance whose defeat would boost IX's reputation alot. And finally IX held some grudges from Omega's role in IX's babysitting issue last reset.

HOW DID THE ALLIANCES INVOLVED DO?
==================================

Here are the war statistics taken from Gamerstown with all errors and inaccuricies. Since several alliances only fought for a limited time, or were more or less hindered by kills/restarts, I will not do hit/kills per member ratios based on these numbers, but on observation.

Hits dealt by alliance:

CWG: 8351
FA: 3539
ICN: 9175
IX: 17513
MD: 19294
Omega: 15762
PoW: 18523
QUEBEC: 3120
Ragnarok: 6448
SEAWOLF: 11947
SoF: 18620

CWG: You've been fighting a fine war, by Clowns standards. Being one of those alliances who REALLY just play the game for fun, you jumped in, helped your allies and had enough coordination and participation to really make an impact. You make the earth shake, but good going!

FA: Before and even after you were floored by SoF, you made a damn good showing. Quite coordinated and impressive, and even after the hit you still carried on and opened up MD targets for kills. Additionally, you've been very mature and gracious on the boards. I believe you will go far are one of the winners of this war.

ICN: Good, proven alliance waging a good, solid war against CWG, in a fair and friendly fashion. Consistence, your name is ICN. Good allies to have in a pinch.

IX: I'm torn over you people. You had an awesome firststrike and almost knocked Omega out, but once you got under fire, your numbers dropped more and more to a point where you had basically given up, indicating severe morale problems. On the other hand you took the biggest punishment of all alliances in this conflict. The IX attack coordination is very good, it showed when IX was coordinating with and for allies. If it wasn't for the continuosly declining participation and morale, you would warrant a topnotch grade instead of "just" a good one. Once you keep up the high hit counts even under heavy fire, you'll be scary!

MD: Very solid, very consistent, very effective and very very tough. You guys have taken some HUGE punishment throughout the war and still dish out the whoop@ss. MD is a dying alliance? Hardly. It wasn't quite the MD of old again yet, but you proved yourself once more and were the MVP in this war.

Omega: You folks surprised me most. After the IX firststrike I was sure you were goners, but not so. You pulled your crap together, rallied some effective counterfire and later waged a war effort which was nothing short of amazing. Good participation throughout the whole war indicates a high morale, and your effectiveness in kill runs was excellent. From what I could see, Omega had probably the best hit/kill ratio in the entire war, because of the attack symbiosis with MD. Likewise, your stonewallers frustrated PoW enough to make them switch their targets. Excellent performance in a tough situation.

PoW: A mixed bag performance. Excellent hit counts until the very end, but only mediocre to poor coordination. Kill runs over 2-digit hour counts allowed your opponents to survive much more than they should have. Still, you did quite some damage. If you can improve your war skills, you will be very dangerous, but with the splitup only time will tell if PoW will make it.

QUEBEC: Rest in peace. Being on the receiving end of SoF is horrible, and you took it on the chin. Fair showing as long as it lasted, you really got burnt.

Ragnarok: You did your best to distract an alliance more than double your size, and did what you could. It was interesting to see that your effectivity went up when you were coordinating kills with other alliances. It shows that having a critical mass of countries to kill someone is easier to be assembled with allies. No extraordinary showing, but a decent one.

SEAWOLF: Strong. Really really strong. You were the ones who really gave MD a bloody nose in the end, when you attacked with IX guidance. Only time will tell how you will react under fire, since you were basically untouched, but if you're left alone you make a DANGEROUS foe. Excellent participation, and huge impact. You will go far.

SoF: A class of its own. Simple as that. In a few days they accumulated more hits than any other alliance but MD in the entire war, and you squished two alliances in the process. Almost perfect participation, almost perfect efficiency and fire control. It won't get much better than this.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN FOR THE COMING RESETS?
========================================

Not much is going to change for CWG, ICN and Ragnarok. FA and SEAWOLF made their appearance on the battlefield and demonstrate that they are coming forces to be reckoned with. The war was a boon for MD, because they were able to prove what they are: A tower of strength and reliability. Omega is another winner of the exchange, because they managed to turn a seemingly desperate situation around with a relentless determination, morale, and the help of their allies. SoF demonstrated their excellence under good conditions, because they only received relatively light fire back. Still, their performance was outstanding and impressive.

This war has been unfortunate for three alliances. QUEBEC ceased to exist. PoW has split into three parts, and only time will tell what is going to happen to them. The alliance with the worst of luck in this reset, however, was IX. Instead of a fast glorious victory they have been melting away in a relentless war of attrition to a point of ineffectivity. What's much worse, however, is the political fallout of the leadership spying forcing several figureheads into retirement, and the loss of face and pacts. At the beginning of the reset IX was FDPed to half of earth, now almost no pacts are going to remain, making for a very dangerous uncovered next reset. On the other hand, the material in IX is of highest quality, and with some skilled leadership I believe they will manage the rebound."

This post was in a text file I found on my harddrive, along with a bunch of other old earth stuff. I can't find this post, nor the thread it began, on the archive, so I'm guessing it was before 2001 or so. It mentions a few alliances that ceased to exist long ago, such as Quebec and PoW (which eventually became PDM).
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

Vic Rattlehead Game profile

Nov 25th 2010, 5:19:35

I'm pretty sure I was in SOF for that...
NA hFA
gchat:
yahoo chat:

available 24/7

nimrodix Game profile

Nov 25th 2010, 5:33:20

IX always sucked at restarting lol

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Nov 25th 2010, 17:01:41

yeah it was in 2001 or so. I remember harassing Quebec members on irc. A lot of them when to TIE I think..
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Junky Game profile

Nov 25th 2010, 20:04:34

think I was in TIE that round, I think that was the fight we would massivley FA, IX countries.. or atleast one of the times when they were in a fight.
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

Marshal Game profile

Nov 25th 2010, 21:19:43

way before my time.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Detmer Game profile

Nov 25th 2010, 21:43:18

Definitely remember that. Good times.

(I was in Camelot, not involved)

Kingstar Game profile

Nov 25th 2010, 23:45:55

good times, i believe NoN was a division in CWG at that time..

Ivan Game profile

Nov 25th 2010, 23:55:52

wonder which set that was. wanna add it to our history book

Mr. Lime Game profile

Nov 26th 2010, 0:09:25

bah that was my first legit reset in omega...my dict farmer was rank 73 very fat and my div of ex rag'ers was gonna win anw in omega with the help of null kelz and cham...

and of course ix killed me in the first 3 mins

Junky Game profile

Nov 26th 2010, 0:32:04

Join SOL to learn more about Earths set history :-P

tisya Game profile

Nov 26th 2010, 10:02:48

Ah I was a newbie in Fallen Angels at the time. Killing countries in my Catholic girl school uniform, good times... I miss FA :(
Tisya
PDM's HFA and Resident Princess <3

Junky Game profile

Nov 26th 2010, 20:58:19

Join SOL to Learn more about wearing Catholic girl school uniforms, and FAing...

Shinigami Game profile

Nov 27th 2010, 4:29:32

I remember that set. Suspect I was still with RED and it ended up being us, LCN, and LaF dominating netting.

Maybe.

Alicia Game profile

Nov 27th 2010, 4:39:03

Looks like the war started March 2001 :) Yay for archives. I was in Omega, btw!

BigRedDog

Nov 27th 2010, 4:41:02

i was 10 when this came out....

Patience Game profile

Nov 27th 2010, 4:50:32

OMG, I'm old. lol
I cannot see your signature - so if it's witty, put it in a post instead! :p

archaic: Patty, if it was you wearing it, I'd consider a fuzzy pink pig suit to be lingerie. Patty makes pork rock.

BigRedDog

Nov 27th 2010, 5:03:06

heh...i feel young.....

KeSSie Game profile

Nov 27th 2010, 5:08:38

Tisya!

/me runs in and tackle hugs her

:-D
EL YAY!

KeTcHuP Game profile

Nov 27th 2010, 6:28:10

i was 12 at the time. And was playing earth back then. Was a complete n00b then, as apposed to just mostly a n00b now.
Ketchup the Thoughtful Suicidier

tisya Game profile

Nov 27th 2010, 7:25:35

Kess!

/me nibbles on Kess ;)

On another note, now I feel old :/
Tisya
PDM's HFA and Resident Princess <3

iXenomorph Game profile

Nov 27th 2010, 9:09:51

Whoa.
"Have you ever noticed how a cat is genuinely sad when the mouse they are playing with dies ???" - Prima

Ozzite Game profile

Nov 27th 2010, 9:12:16

Yup, I remember that set. I actually managed to stay out of the war :-X LOL
Ah, mercury. Sweetest of the transition metals.

Devestation Game profile

Nov 27th 2010, 9:31:00

I was in year 4 at the time. fluff you all :)

ponderer Game profile

Nov 27th 2010, 17:14:38

I remember that war : )

I quit as Titans interior minister and jumped tags to Omega to fight it.
m0m0rific

Junky Game profile

Nov 27th 2010, 18:46:41

Originally posted by KeTcHuP:
i was 12 at the time. And was playing earth back then. Was a complete n00b then, as apposed to just mostly a n00b now.

noob didn't begin to describe how you were back then :-P, oddly enough.. I don't think I've changed... still a horrible Trolliililio, and still refuse to change to a differnt nick to speak my mind :-P I remember all the "New Members" that used to troll better then me...

henrik Game profile

Dec 11th 2010, 10:17:03

I remember both of those wars since I were in omega.

Ruthie

Dec 13th 2010, 18:59:13

I remember that war, I think I was in Ragnarok at the time ;)

We fought Seawolf so many times so I cant begin to figure out when that was, especially since I led Rag for so many years, they all kinda run together now. Although I think after the split of PoW, Ashe joined Rag.

The game was so much fun back then.
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady